The Lewin Group helps federal agencies develop and implement new programs and evaluate existing policies for populations such as military personnel, veterans, Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, citizens in natural disasters, and other low income and vulnerable populations.
The Lewin Group provides research and consulting services, including program planning and development, implementation services, and postimplementation analytics and evaluation. In the development phase, we perform policy research, systematic literature reviews, and data analysis to assist the federal government in designing programs that improve the health and well-being of the nation's citizens.
The Lewin Group facilitates successful program application by identifying and prioritizing our clients’ key agency and program objectives, then evaluating the program implementation process and outcomes using our logic model framework. Our implementation and technical assistance services, grounded in a strong knowledge of the relevant research as well as on-the-ground policy and program experience, help guard against program failure due to poor execution. Finally, our sophisticated evaluation methods and modeling techniques help assess program effectiveness and simulate impacts of policy alternatives to inform policy development. This helps programs improve their operations and build the capacity for continuous improvement.
For nearly 50 years, The Lewin Group has provided analytic insight that helps federal decision makers strengthen health and human services programs and make informed policy choices. We do this by combining an array of specific skills with strong subject matter expertise and institutional knowledge.
Policy Research and Analysis
- Conduct economic and statistical analysis
- Use simulation modeling to determine the likely effects of alternative policies and programs over time, including insurance cost and coverage impacts of health reform proposals, health workforce policies, and long-term care policy options. Read one example here.
- Perform cost-benefit and cost-impact analyses
- Design and implement rigorous program evaluation
- Develop performance measurement tools
- Collect and analyze data for outcomes research
- Develop, deliver, and implement content-oriented training programs
- Facilitate communication via website, webinars, and resource materials
- Provide strategic planning for marketing, recruitment, and service delivery
Our federal government agency clients have included:
- DHHS, Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- DHHS, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- DHHS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- DHHS, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- DHHS, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- DHHS, National Institutes of Health
- DHHS, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)
- DHHS, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- DHHS, Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS)
- DHHS, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Department of Defense
- Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC)
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions."
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM