Pharma / Bio / Device
The Lewin Group has extensive multidisciplinary experience conducting and managing analyses of technological innovation, regulation, payment, diffusion, and costs.
Each year, medical product companies develop innovative new products to help detect and manage diseases effectively. Manufacturers must address complex health care and payer requirements early in their development plans or risk delayed product acceptance and significant expense.
We provide analysis and results-focused strategies demonstrating the value of medical products to public and private sectors payers, clinicians, health care facilities, patients, and policymakers. We also provide policy insight and guidance to industry clients on evolving trends and their impacts. We augment our extensive policy and analytical expertise with our access to claims and other administrative data for tens of millions of covered lives under Medicare fee-for-service, Medicare Part C, Medicaid, self-funded employer groups, commercially insured plans, and other payers.
- Analyze and project the impact of trends, policy developments in evidence-based medicine, health technology assessment, coverage with evidence development, and comparative effectiveness research
- Analyze and project the impact of trends and policy developments in regulatory policy
- Analyze evidence requirements for securing coverage for medical products
- Analyze clinical and economic burden of diseases and conditions that may be addressed by new medical products
- Develop economic models and related analyses to assess clinical and cost impact, cost-effectiveness, and other value aspects of medical technologies
- Other analyses and resources for supporting reimbursement and strategy
Our pharma/bio/medical device clients have included:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Advanced Biohealing
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- EMD Serono
- Novo Nordisk
- Olympus America, Inc.
- Patton Medical Devices
- Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions."
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM