State and Local Governments
The Lewin Group helps state and local government organizations design, implement, and improve the programs they regulate and administer.
The Lewin Group’s in-depth health, long-term care, and human services program experience enables us to help governments understand their constituents’ needs. We provide options to meet those needs within the regulatory, political, and fiscal realities faced by our state and local government clients. We analyze the impact on individuals, program management, and budgets. In sum, we help our clients identify and address their challenges effectively, efficiently, and with cultural competence.
We bring thought leadership to all of our clients, reflective of our national, international, and state-specific experience. Our advice and guidance is grounded in our in-depth analysis of issues and data, and developed with an understanding of the interplay among health and human services programs.
Our team of experts has more than two decades’ experience in the design, implementation, and evaluation of policies and programs, the education of stakeholders about program options, and the gathering and incorporating of feedback into program operations.
Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation
- Develop cost models and analyze implementation impact
- Evaluate program effectiveness and conduct market analyses of state programs
Technical Assistance and Program Operations
- Conduct program monitoring and performance improvement
- Analyze and develop reimbursement methods (including Medicaid capitation rate development and pay-for-performance)
Program Design and Implementation
- Research regulatory requirements, including federal waivers
- Develop value-based purchasing strategies for Medicaid
- Create and enhance care and disease management programs
Health Care Reform
The Lewin Group works with state and local government agencies to develop and refine their health care reform policies and analyze the cost and coverage impact of their health care reform policies. Learn more about The Lewin Group services for health care reform.
Our state/local government clients have included:
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- California Department of Health Care Services
- California Division of Workers' Compensation
- Colorado Blue Ribbon Commission for Health Care Reform
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Colorado Department of Human Services
- Delaware Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance
- Delaware Governor's Commission on Community-Based Alternatives for Individuals with Disabilities
- District of Columbia Child Support Services Division
- District of Columbia Medical Assistance Administration
- Hawaii Department of Human Services
- Marin County
- Mississippi Office of the Governor, Division of Medicaid
- Missouri Medicaid
- New York State AIDS Institute
- New York State Department of Health
- New Mexico Medical Assistance Division/New Mexico Medical Review Association
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Rhode Island Medicaid
- Rhode Island Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner
- San Francisco Department of Public Health
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions." — NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM