Children, Youth and Family Policy
We provide timely and relevant knowledge to help clients formulate policies, make funding decisions, and address emerging issues
The federal government supports a broad range of human services programs aimed at fostering family economic security, positive child and youth development, and healthy family functioning. We provide high-quality, objective information that helps our clients operate these programs effectively and efficiently.
For more than a decade, we have provided policy analysis, program assessments, research and evaluation, as well as training and technical assistance services.
Policy Analysis and Program Assessment
- Assess outcomes and goals of federal, state, and local programs
- Assist clients to conceptualize and formulate specific policy changes
- Identify promising practices that can be documented and disseminated
Research and Evaluation
- Review literature on various children-, youth-, and family-related topics
- Design and conduct implementation and impact evaluations of programs and policies
- Examine the availability and quality of information for making policy decisions
Training and Technical Assistance
- Provide operational guidance to programs to strengthen or enhance their programs
- Assist in the development of program performance management systems
- Provide technical guidance on designing and executing rigorous program evaluations
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions.
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM