Community Health Needs Assessment
For more than 15 years, The Lewin Group has helped community health planning improve access to better quality health care.
The Lewin Group provides community health planning services for cities, local governments, health departments, hospitals, foundations, employers, and other community organizations. We often begin by identifying population health needs; we analyze health care delivery systems in relation to service demand, costs, and quality of care; we then integrate these analyses, identify gaps in health care delivery, and set planning priorities.
In the next phase, we plan how to close delivery system gaps, address population health status and other priorities, and develop a monitoring system. Our processes are dynamic, interactive, data-driven, and typically coordinated with diverse community stakeholders
We provide research and analysis, strategy planning, and implementation support for public and private sector clients, community health departments, and the state departments of public health.
Research and Analysis
- Identify key health care issues or unmet needs
- Perform gap analysis of delivery systems
- Conduct qualitative, quantitative, and observational analyses
- Forecast and trend using predictive modeling tools
- Conduct stakeholder surveys, focus groups, and interviews
- Facilitate consumer engagement, consensus building, and collaborative efforts
- Prepare community action plans
- Develop operational and financial implementation plans
- Design surveillance systems to track performance and outcomes
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance — not canned solutions."
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM