Emergency Preparedness and Response
The Lewin Group provides the analysis and tools to help government and private sector organizations respond to emergencies more effectively.
Preparing for and responding to emergencies requires trained personnel and coordination between public and private sectors. We evaluate, provide technical support, and disseminate information on the public health workforce, training programs, and emergency exercises to help federal and state agencies and other organizations respond to emergencies more efficiently and effectively.
To assess levels of emergency readiness, we test internal communication systems and identify how many people would be needed to respond and how quickly they could be deployed.
We provide services along the entire readiness continuum, from preparedness and response planning to response and recovery and postevent evaluations. Our goal is to help organizations strengthen their capacity for effective emergency response.
Exercise Planning and Support
- Perform policy analyses to support program missions
- Assess existing risk and emergency communication systems
- Gather and disseminate information through reports and presentations
- Apply business models to identify how many trained people will be needed to respond to various scenarios
- Capture skills, knowledge, and credentials of personnel for strategic planning
- Develop policies for assignments, career management, and incentive systems
- Develop postdeployment evaluation tools
- Evaluate program management of training and exercises for emergency personnel
- Create After-Action Reports and surveys
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance — not canned solutions."
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM