Health Professionals Workforce
We provide research and analysis to help health care stakeholders understand and address health workforce issues.
The Lewin Group helps stakeholders understand the supply and demand for health care professionals, and find ways to adapt. We apply analyses, databases, and our own Physician Supply and Demand Model to understand current and future supply and demand for physicians and services. We model individual physician specialties, as well as pharmacists, nurses, and other professions.
Using rigorous, data-driven methods we gather, analyze, and synthesize our findings in highly accessible policy or action formats. We also help clients disseminate findings and research through publication in peer-reviewed journals or websites.
We provide analytical services that encompass the entire life cycle of workforce management — from forecasting supply and demand to developing implications and actions, and finally disseminating and explaining results.
Modeling Future Supply and Demand
- Develop models that project supply and demand for health care professionals
- Examine policies and programs affecting workforce recruiting and retention
- Analyze data to determine economic implications of supply imbalances
- Design and perform rigorous evaluation of programs affecting the workforce
- Collect data and provide technical assistance
- Research and document the consequences of workforce policies
Workforce Needs Assessment
- Develop models to assist in training, recruiting, and retaining health care professionals
- Create models for workforce management and program design
- Summarize statistics, synthesize data, and create reports
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance — not canned solutions."
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM