The Lewin Group helps policymakers design, implement, and evaluate Medicare policies and programs, and helps health plans and providers understand and adapt to Medicare policies.
Medicare is the nation’s largest health insurance program, covering more than 40 million Americans. The Lewin Group offers specialized expertise in Medicare policy, a longstanding relationship with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and a 30-year history of policy analysis involving federal programs in general and Medicare in particular. Several members of The Lewin Group staff were former CMS employees or employees of other federal government programs.
Our work is designed to help the Medicare program reduce its costs, pay providers fairly, and ensure that services are delivered more efficiently and effectively.
The Lewin Group helps the federal government, providers, and health plans analyze Medicare policy proposals, design and evaluate programs, and assess performance. It brings the provider and plan perspective in its assistance to the government, and insight and understanding of Medicare policies in its assistance to plans and providers.
Policy Analysis and Modeling
- Analyze CMS provider payment methodologies
- Evaluate financial and operational impacts of proposed policy changes
- Study quality performance measurement and pay-for-performance programs
Program Design and Evaluation
- Design Medicare risk and incentive programs
- Develop and evaluate demonstration programs
- Assess payment integrity
- Evaluate beneficiary utilization and satisfaction
- Design, deliver, and evaluate provider education and training
- Conduct feasibility and cost/benefit studies
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions.
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM