Mental Health and Substance Abuse
The work of The Lewin Group is grounded in an understanding of the multiple systems and interests in the complex and dynamic behavioral health environment.
We help state and federal agencies, foundations, associations, and providers to plan strategically, design and manage effective initiatives, and evaluate the impact of policy and program change. Further, we help clients develop solutions that serve consumers while achieving public policy goals, and we routinely provide public and private sector clients with data-driven analyses and consulting.
The Lewin Group has wide experience working with public agencies and private organizations in tracking, analyzing, and shaping policies related to mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities for all populations.
The Lewin Group offers clients expertise in policy analysis and evaluation of mental health and substance abuse programs and issues. We:
- Conduct evaluations of existing programs
- Perform cost-benefit and targeted policy analyses
- Conduct strategic planning, and identify and pursue cost-effective solutions to challenges
- Monitor and anticipate system and market trends in mental health service delivery
- Conduct impact analyses of policies and regulations on mental health service delivery and financing
- Evaluate strategies to enhance access, quality, and coordination of mental health services
Cost of Illness
- Analyze costs of medical specialty services
- Investigate loss of future earnings due to premature death
- Evaluate lost earnings due to crime/victims, automobile accidents, and criminal justice
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions.
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM